The Tropical Biology Association supports conservation projects that strengthen the proficiency of their alumni and alumni groups in natural resource management and research. The projects must be designed to solve a specific conservation or research problem in Africa and show impact.
Three types of grants are offered each year:
- Project grants for conservation, research or education projects with clear and measurable impacts. This grant aims to catalyse collaboration and build alumni capacity.
- Follow up grants to support previously supported projects that have identified a next phase to generate further impact.
- Networking grants to support alumni groups in organising networking events (in-country students ' conference, seminars, workshops etc.) as well as apply for formal registration of their group. Only members of a Tropical Biology Association alumni group can apply.
In addition, the proposed project must:
- Focus on issues that have a demonstrable need, and are a priority for the alumni group.
- Be collaborative and encourage exchange of expertise; the project team should constitute not less than 50% members of the TBA alumni group.