The Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN) is a UK registered charity offering ongoing support to outstanding nature conservationists around the developing world. They aim to:
- Find and fund the most effective grassroots conservation leaders in developing countries.
- Support the scale-up of projects with a track record of success, founded on scientific evidence and community involvement.
- Fund practical work that will have a long-lasting impact on the ground.
- Provide a platform for winners to boost their national and international profile.
- Work with winners to improve awareness of the serious problems facing biodiversity worldwide and address them through effective and inspiring solutions.
WFN gives funding, training and recognition to local conservation leaders working in resource-poor, biodiversity-rich countries. They offer three types of grant to enable conservationists to scale up their vital work and make a real and measurable difference to wildlife and local communities.